I had just lunch with J-P at Smyth’s in Malahide. I ordered a beef burger with bacon and cashel blue cheese. I heard my dear husband ordering the same but then I heard something totally weird: he asked from the waitress if he could have veggies instead of fries. Veggies?? Here absolutely everything does come with fries more or less ‘automatically’, even mussels or lasagne, so I sort of understood that he may have had enough of fries and wanted to have something else for a change. But veggies… I started joking him that maybe he will get a bowl of peas. For some reason he did not seem to understand why I was suddenly talking about anything green. Even more weird.
Some minutes later I got it: he did not order veggies but (potato) WEDGES. And now it was his turn to panic. What if he would get some very veggies and not those tasty and salty wedges.
Some minutes later I got it: he did not order veggies but (potato) WEDGES. And now it was his turn to panic. What if he would get some very veggies and not those tasty and salty wedges.
In fact potato is a vegetable. At least here. At a carvery lunch once the cook asked me if I would like to have all the vegetables. I said yes, so in addition to some carrot and cauliflower, I got mashed potatoes, cooked potatoes and fries.
Happy End: the waitress did bring J-P a bowl of WEDGES :)
No comments:
Post a Comment