Today was Ruu's 12th day at the NZone Montessori pre-school. He hardly cries in the mornings any more when we take him there and according to the teachers he has now settled in perfectly.
And he is speaking (I mean, speaking aloud, expressing himself orally) some English, too - already! After a boy at the pre-school had called him a baby (Ruu's second or third day there) I told him to tell everybody that he should introduce himself as 'Big Boy'. So Ruu has done so ever since. Besides lots of other words and phrases.
If you ask him (in English) 'what's your name', he says instantly 'Rudolf'. If you ask him 'what's your age', he replies 'big boy' - and adds 'six' :D
Last night he was playing around with Roosa (in Finnish) but suddenly said in English 'catch me' and tried to run away. Today he had told a boy at his pre school to 'sit down' (giving the teachers a cordial laugh).
It's amazing how fast he is learning! - Saaga is right now the one correcting J-P and me how certain words should be pronounced (the Irish way, I mean) but I'm afraid Ruu will do so soon, too...
And he is speaking (I mean, speaking aloud, expressing himself orally) some English, too - already! After a boy at the pre-school had called him a baby (Ruu's second or third day there) I told him to tell everybody that he should introduce himself as 'Big Boy'. So Ruu has done so ever since. Besides lots of other words and phrases.
If you ask him (in English) 'what's your name', he says instantly 'Rudolf'. If you ask him 'what's your age', he replies 'big boy' - and adds 'six' :D
Last night he was playing around with Roosa (in Finnish) but suddenly said in English 'catch me' and tried to run away. Today he had told a boy at his pre school to 'sit down' (giving the teachers a cordial laugh).
It's amazing how fast he is learning! - Saaga is right now the one correcting J-P and me how certain words should be pronounced (the Irish way, I mean) but I'm afraid Ruu will do so soon, too...
2 comments:
Mielenkiintoista lukea tätä kun meillkin pienin jossain vaiheessa aloittaa päiväkodin.
Keskimmäinen leikki viime keväänä kaikki yksinleikit arabiaksi ja puhui paljon sisaruksilleenkin arabiaa vaikka muuten heidän kieli on suomi. Kesällä arabia jäi kokonaan (paitsi isän kanssa) ja nyt kolmen päivän koulussa olon jälkeen leikki taas koko ajan arabiaksi.
Meillä lapset puhuvat keskenään ihan johdonmukaisesti suomea. Toki puheessa vilisee jonkin verran englanninkielisiä sanoja, joille ei joko ole täysin suomenkielistä vastinetta tai lapset eivät vain tiedä/muista sitä. Lapset ovat myösd tarkkoja siitä, että englanninkielen sanat ja etenkin nimet lausutaan oikein eikä suomalaisittain. Me kun J-P:n kanssa lausutaan arkipuheessa nimiä 'suomalaisittain' esim. että 'mennään Malahideen' - ja eiköhän heti joku ole korjaamassa 'eikun se on Mä-la-haid' (en nyt saa tänne äkkiseltään mitään sanakirjaoikeaoppisia ääntämysohjeita)...
Post a Comment